In a 1,000-1,200-word assignment, examine at least two substance abuse prevention programs in the United States.
Refer to the list of useful websites at the end of Chapter 16 to help you successfully complete your paper. Make sure you choose prevention programs and not intervention programs.
Your assignment must include the following for each program:
1. A description of both the programs (who, what, and where). Make sure to include at least one family-focused treatment model used in the program.
2. The goals of each program (why)
3. How each program is funded (how)
4. Research that indicates the effectiveness of each program including those programs with life skills associated with recovery.
6. An analysis of how government involvement may enhance or hinder each program’s effectiveness.
7. Describe at least one relapse prevention model that would be helpful to support and mentor a substance use client.
8. Include at least four scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in your paper. Out of the four, a minimum of one scholarly resource should be referenced for each prevention program.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
7) Understand the importance of research and outcome data, and their application in clinical practice.
22) Understand the obligation of the addiction professional to participate in prevention, as well as treatment.
81) Recognize how, when, and why to use the client’s significant others to enhance or support the treatment plan.
84) Facilitate the development of basic and life skills associated with recovery.
88) Mentor the client’s identification, selection, and practice of strategies that help sustain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for maintaining treatment progress, relapse prevention, and continuing care.
101) Describe factors that increase the likelihood that an individual, community, or group will be at -risk for alcohol and other drug problems.