to write a four page executive briefing memo to provide guidance on what changes will be required to convert the statements from GAAP to IFRS for the item youve selected. You may choose any topic from the resources provided or other sources you find. However, you may not use inventory or any issue related to inventory for your topic. cover the following:
1. Open your paper with a brief statement on the nature of this engagement.
2. Follow with a general discussion of the specific area youll be addressing so that the client (who is familiar with IFRS-GAAP issues) can understand the specific issue to be discussed in the paper.
4. Discuss the treatment required under IFRS and cite the appropriate codification that governs the treatment of the item.
5. Discuss the change that will be required to convert the statements from GAAP to IFRS. Be specific with respect to adjustments required, if any, to the balance sheet and/or the income statement, statement of cash flows, financial disclosures, etc.
6. Provide a clear and concise example of how the item is currently presented (under GAAP).
7. Provide a clear and concise example of the change that will be required to convert the statements from GAAP to IFRS.
8. Provide a general statement on the impact, if any, to analytical measures used to commonly assess liquidity, profitability, solvency, etc.
9. Provide a short conclusion that ties the paper together.